Trademark Registration in Myanmar
All the marks, registered by old law, need to re-register by New Law starting from 1st OCT, 2020.
Myanmar New Trademark Law soft opening was launched 1st OCT, 2020.
In transforming from the first-to-use system to the first-to-file system in conformity with the new Law, all the registered trademarks need re-registrations in time. There is no automatic transposition of old trademark registrations. The first filing date will be the first date of the Grand Opening. It is safe to file the TM applications in the soft opening period, obtaining the first filing date. Soft Opening is starting from 1 OCT 2020 and will be a short period before the Grand Opening which is for registrations of the new trademarks.
Starting from the grand opening, if there's no objection from the examiner, the re-registered application will be published on the official website of Myanmar IPO. If there is no opposition made by any interested party within 60 days from the date of publication, the registration of the mark will be granted.
1. Applicant's Name & Address (same as in registered DOT)
2. Mark (same as in registered DOT)
3. Registered Declaration of Deed of Trademark or Caution Notice in Myanmar or any supporting documents that are used in Myanmar.
4. Classes (same as in registered DOT)
5. POA / TM 2 ( only need to provide when grand opening)
Please do not hesitate to clarify for more information.
Bonjour Myanmar Intellectual Property Law Firm
Building. 264, Room 3C, Shine Condo, Seikkanthar Street, Kyuaktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar.